Subject: Re: Models vs. CGI
From: [email-masked] (Sean Cunningham)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 13:27:27 -0800

John Prusinski:

> ...To me, spending 
> time trying to create the illusion of reality in 3D for my clients is fun, 
> sometimes frustrating, and brainbending; a lot like doing crossword puzzles. 
>  But it's not art, and it's not attempting to advance human consciousness in 
> any substantial way (like say, Picasso or Dali!).

The end result of commercial CGI may not be art to some, but there is a lot of
art in what we do.  The good stuff at least.  If you're paid it's not art?
Is that it?  

Something need not attempt to "advance human consciousness" to be considered
"art."

-- 
                                             
  Digital Domain: [email-masked] | "...the whole idea of  politics
  N  e  t  c o m: [email-masked] |  is to  achieve  power  without 
  R e a l  World:   Sean C. Cunningham   |  possessing merit." -P.J. O'Rourke